LATEST NEWS

 

Welcome To Thiyagi.N.G.Ramaswamy Memorial Hr. Sec.School

The School Thiyagi.N.G.Ramaswamy memorial Higher Secondary School, as the name explains, was founded in the memory of Thiyagi.N.G.Ramaswamy by the Coimbatore District Textile workers union. Thiyagi.N.G.Ramaswamy devoted his whole life for the betterment of the working class people. He was also actively involved in the freedom struggle of our Country.

                The foundation for the school was laid by Sri. Vinobabe on 03.10.1956.  Later on 24.05.1959 the first school building was opened by Sri. Jayaprakash Narayan.  Sri.Bakthavatsalam inaugurated the laboratory.  The teachers room and the office room was declared open by Sri. A.Subramaniam, who was the school secretary.  

                The school occupies a total area of 5.5 acres.  The land was purchased by the donation made by the textile mill workers who came forward to give their one day wages. The school started functioning with 4 class rooms and 90 Students. Now the school accommodates 1900 students.  Most of the students are sons and daughters of the labour class people of various Industries.  The sincere effort of the qualified teachers enabled the school to achieve 100% pass percentage and the school is now one of best in the locality.

English medium was introduced during the year 1996 and 10 class rooms were added during 2000-2001 and 2001-2002. Computer center was opened during 2002-2003.  During the same year the school was declared  as  a higher secondary school.  During 2004, three laboratories and 8 classrooms were added. 

During 2005, the tiled building was replaced by a three storey building with an estimate of  Rs.60 lakhs.  The building was declared open by Sri.Pongalur.N.Palanisamy, Minister for Urban development on 02.02.2007.  14 new classrooms, computer room, Library , office room and audio-visual center were made available in the new building.